Tuesday, April 26, 2011

forbidden love

Thoughts are swirling in my mind of a love that has died. You were the one who captured my face and took me to a fantastical place. You built me up when I was down and then left me alone bare and confused. I never thought my heart could bear the burdens of your ruse. But I made it through to find another day and here I am as you query me and say, “How are you?” Does it matter anymore how I really am? The touch of your hand I don’t think I could withstand. I found another love, and it’s bright, shiny, and new. Like a new penny that has yet to be spent, I have found a love that will last me through. It will never leave me to drown in my tears and question what it is that I meant to you in all these long lonely years. So please if you cared an inch for my well being you wouldn’t play this game and continue on with your leaving. Your face and your memory will forever be in my heart and the wishes you once whispered to me forever with the stars. Do not think of me when you are feeling blue, or when the moon pools at your door. For your love will never live within me anymore.
© April 4, 2011 Bethany Collazo-Foote

No comments: